Hi! Welcome to my blog! If you’ve stumbled on to my corner of the internet, you’ve probably realized that I’m setting up a place to unleash my musings on health, fitness, nutrition, life, the universe and everything. Well, who am I?
Well, I guess that’s me in a nutshell. In June 2011, I realized I was dissatisfied with my life. I had no hobbies. I was depressed and afraid to leave my apartment. Most of all, I was fat. I mean, I was really fat. I was 232 pounds of morbid obesity. And I decided to make a change. Turns out, I made a lot of changes and a year later, I was the girl on the right. At present, I’ve lost about 70lbs and I’m still shrinking. More importantly, I’m preparing to run a 5K Run in the September, and then compete in my first ever powerlifting meet.
I’m going to use this space to document my musings because with everything that’s happened in my life is taking up a lot of space in my head, and I’d like to document the rest of my journey. My “philosophy of healthy living” can be summarized as follows:
- Nutrition should be enjoyable but responsible.
- Physical activity should be fun but challenging – and rewarding.
- I have a responsibility to myself to be both mentally and physically strong.
- Education on health and nutrition should be simple, straightforward and accessible.
- I can only be better today than I was yesterday.
Welcome to my blog.